This version is pinout compatible with A1200 mainboard revision 1D4 only. Variant for 2B mainboard revision is available here.
Installation in a few easy steps:
- remove chassis screws, separate top half og the chassis from bottom by lifting it up
- disconnect LED module from mainboard
- disconnect and remove keyboard assembly. be easy on connector!
- unplug, unscrew and remove floppy drive (GOEX, Gotek,…)
- unscrew mainboard assembly, remove it carefully from the chassis
- unscrew mouse connector from EMI shielding, unlug its extension cable from mainboard
- plug in Centuriontech USB module instead.
IMPORTANT: Make sure pin 1 on USB module pigtail connector, marked with ▼ symbol, sits on pin 1 of motherboard mouse port pinheader. Plugging pigtail cable incorrectly will most likely kill your USB module instantly.
- secure the mainboard and USB module bard to the chassis
- return and replug keyboard, floppy drive device and LED module
- put the chassis back together, screw it back.
- connect your favorite USB mouse, fire up your A1200 and enjoy all the comfort.
Amiga1200 USB board is based on unmodified SmallyMouse2 design by all great Simon Inns. All the files, schematics and firmware sources can be obtained directly from https://github.com/simoninns/SmallyMouse2