This version is pinout compatible with A1200 mainboard revision 2B only. Variant for 1D4 mainboard revision is available here.
Installation in a few easy steps:
- remove chassis screws, separate top half of the chassis from bottom by lifting it up
- disconnect LED module cable from mainboard
- disconnect and remove keyboard assembly. be easy on connector!
- unplug, unscrew and remove your floppy drive (GOEX, Gotek,…)
- unscrew mainboard assembly, remove it carefully from the chassis
- unscrew all rear IO connector stand-offs, free the mainboard from bottom EMI shielding
- pull out original Amiga mouse port add-on board
- plug in Centuriontech USB module instead
- put mainboard with USB module attached back into bottom EMI shielding
- screw all rear IO connectors stand-offs back on
- secure the mainboard and USB module bard to the chassis
- return and replug keyboard, floppy drive device and LED module
- put the chassis back together, screw it back.
- connect your favorite USB mouse, fire up your A1200 and enjoy all the comfort.
Amiga1200 USB board is based on unmodified SmallyMouse2 design by all great Simon Inns. All the files, schematics and FW sources can be obtained directly from https://github.com/simoninns/SmallyMouse2